Become an Interpreter/Translator in Just One Year
If you’re fluent in English and Spanish, take advantage of great Interpretation & Translation career opportunities!
Professional interpreters are in demand in law, health, education, business, entertainment and government sectors. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for interpreters is expected to grow at 18% from 2016-2026. In as little as one year, you will learn how to prepare for the state certification exam.
Learn from top working professionals
Instructors are experienced professionals with excellent credentials and all are certified court interpreters for the State of California.
Our instructors blend real-life career tips with translation “know-how.”
What can I learn in this Certificate Program?
The program is custom-designed to teach you how to do simultaneous interpretation and maximize your skills and vocabulary to work in a wide variety of industries. You learn to:
- Interpret and translate consecutively/simultaneously
- Translate written material by sight
- Develop specific vocabulary relevant to your chosen industries
- Fine-tune your skills using effective listening, shadowing, retention and note-taking
- Use techniques such as time delay, dual-tasking and terminology-research to improve results